As a brand owner when you started out, no doubt you dreamt of seeing your product in stores on the high street. But, as a small company pitching to a large UK retailer can be a daunting task! Are you showcasing your product in a way that will entice a buyer? Is your business set up to supply a large retailer?
In this one-day workshop from The Great British Exchange, GS1 UK, The Department of International Trade and John Lewis will help you realise your dream of seeing your product on high streets both near and far.
What will you learn?
How to get ready to trade with a high street retailer.
- What it takes to get your product in a John Lewis store as you meet the buyer.
- How to start selling your products to buyers from some of the world’s leading retailers with the Great British Exchange platform.
- Discover the opportunities to sell your product abroad in clinic sessions with the Department for International Trade’s export hub.
Outline of the day
Getting ready for trading with a high street retailer
- Pricing for the high street
- Managing cash flow for 60 & 90 day payment terms
- Branding and packaging your product for the shelf
- Presenting your product in photos
- Showcasing your Britishness
- Identifying and barcoding your product
- Properly managing your product data
- Protecting your intellectual property
- Getting ready to export
Meet the buyer
- Requirements for trading with John Lewis
- Hear from other small businesses that have started to successfully trade in high street stores
- Over a networking lunch you can visit the DIT’s Exporting Hub for a one-to-one session with a regional export adviser and the subject matter experts that have presented throughout the day
Behind the scenes at John Lewis
- Take an optional tour of one of the UK’s industry leading distribution centres
09.30 – 17.30, 13 October 2017
John Lewis Distribution Centre, Magna Park 1, Milton Keynes, MK17 8EW
Member price: £40.00 per person
The Great British Exchange members please check your email for your exclusive discount code for this event.
Non-Member price: £75.00 per person
The Great British Exchange is a trade destination for British made products.
If you are looking for locally made British products to fill your shelves over any of these key retail dates or just for general ranging, The Great British Exchange is the place to go. With over 1000 brands under one roof, we make buying British easier.
Interested in working with The Great British Exchange, either as a producer, community member or retailer please visit our website and register.
You can keep up to date with all our news on our social media pages Instagram, Twitter, Facebook